Deer Lake Law Group (Burnaby) – Immigration

We will guide you through
 Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) Home Childcare Program Home Support Program Spousal Sponsorship Express Entry Permanent Residence Provincial Nominee Programs Rural Northern Immigration Pilot Intra-Company Transfer Business in Canada Owner & Operator Opportunities Study / Work Permit Extensions Visitor Visas Citizenship Applications


Deer Lake Law Group - Burnaby Lawyers


We help you navigate your immigration journey to make your immigration dreams come true.

At the Deer Lake Law Group, we have a team of dedicated Immigration Lawyers who take a client-centered approach to find you the most appropriate pathway to Canadian Permanent Residence or Temporary Residence.

We stay up to date on the ever-changing immigration landscape and policies set out by IRCC – Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. With this knowledge, we will guide you to the best path for your future in Canada:

As Immigration Lawyers, we use our in-depth legal expertise to provide solutions to difficult immigration issues. We handle Inadmissibility and Denied Entry files such as:

Previously Refused Applications

Sponsorship Appeals

Inadmissibility Issues

Procedural Fairness Letters

Federal Court Hearings

Judicial Review

Alternative Dispute Resolution

Humanitarian and Compassionate Considerations

Removal Orders

We offer services in Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), Hindi, Korean, Portuguese, Punjabi, Russian, and Urdu.

Please call at (604) 430 2345 or email us at

Student Visas for Primary and Secondary Schools

With so many advantages to obtaining an education in Canada, there is rapidly growing interest by parents worldwide to enrol their children at a Canadian school (K-12):

Fluency in English language
Internally recognized diploma
Qualified and government-certified teachers
Technology in the classroom
Individualized learning plans
Safe school and community environment
Connecting with other students from around the world

Student Visas for Post-Secondary

Studying in a Canadian post-secondary institution (university or college) is a great way to obtain Canadian PR (Permanent Residence) and get a world-class education. International students are permitted to work while completing their studies. This allows for career-building work experience and financial freedom. After completing the post-secondary programs, students may apply for a post-graduate work permit.

Study Permits

A study permit is necessary for anyone who wishes to study in Canada. A study permit will only be issued to you once you have been accepted into an accredited educational institution.

By working with you and your intended institution to get you enrolled and obtain your study permit, we make this process simple.

Canada is a top choice for students because of the country’s:

high quality and standard of instruction offered at all education institutions global reputation as an all-inclusive, non-discriminatory society; global reputation for safety and security within its borders.

Work Permits and LMIA

A Canadian Work Permit gives foreign nationals permission to take a job in Canada, but there are different types of Work Permits. If you are eligible, you can apply for a Work Permit even if you do not have a Job Offer.

There are certain highly-skilled and unique professions which are exempt from the LMIA requirement such as artists, athletes, scholars, clergy, and so on.

Business Immigration

Companies looking to expand into the Canadian market can set up a branch-office in Canada and send qualified intra-company transferees to get the new office running smoothly.

To qualify, applicants must be willing to:
Invest in a business that meets program requirements
Be a sole or majority shareholder in the business
Take a leadership role in the business and be involved in daily operations
Show that your company is good for jobs for others in Canada
Apply for the Owner / Operator LMIA and Work Permit

Deer Lake Law Group – Burnaby Law Firm With a team of Burnaby Immigration Lawyers. We Want to make your Immigration Process less stressful for you! We are committed to helping you understand the legal Immigration processes in Canada. A Deer Lake Law Group Burnaby Immigration Law Lawyer can answer general questions about Canadian Immigration Law & the Canadian Legal Process. As a full-service Law Office Located near Deer Lake and Metrotown, A Deer Lake Law Group Canadian Immigration Lawyer can assist clients & help with questions about canadian permanent residency, canadian spousal sponsorship, canadian immigration laws, canadian immigration and citizenship, common law sponsorship, a canadian permanent residency application, apply for canadian permanent residency, canadian immigration citizenship, canadian spousal visa, canadian family sponsorship, canadian immigration sponsorship, study permit, Canadian Work Permit, Studying in Canada